Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Armyed, part 2.

Answer to the situation below was actually D, none of the above.

Our flight was moved to 2 September, which is C's report date. They are amending his orders to allow us to arrive a day later. We will be flying out of Baltimore, so we are driving over there. We could still fly commercially to Baltimore, but the Army will not cover costs for the Girls so we are taking it upon ourselves to cut costs a bit. We will hopefully be shipping the car earlier, so we will rent a car and do that drive, potentially stopping in with family along the way.

On the bright side- I am no longer worried about my passport not getting here in time, or not having enough time to pack and declutter and sell stuff.  I have more time to study German and the German driving laws too.

I'm a little sad to have to push everything back, because now we are using up Cody's leave, and he doesn't have that much to begin with. Plus I was actually looking forward to getting there and getting things figured out. Oh well!

Cody's class social got cancelled, I guess the commander didn't like them having it at a winery. So the plan for the weekend is to hang out and relax Friday night, then drive up Saturday and spend some time with my Grandpa and his companion.

The only constant in life is change. :)

Friday, June 14, 2013


Have you watched How I Met Your Mother? It's one of my favorite shows. Marshall gets in a habit of saying "Lawyered" after winning arguments, as evidenced here:

Well, today, we got Armyed. Cody and I were so excited to have official paper orders, and get things scheduled! We had no problem scheduling the pick up of our belongings, the transportation agent said we shouldn't have any troubles getting a flight with our girls, everything was looking pretty good and by the weekend we'd be able to circle our departure date on the calendar.

Then, we were Armyed.

Turns out, there is no space for the pets on the flight to Germany we were scheduled on. And the flight out of San Diego they put us on can't handle a dog as big of JB.  The agent would look into other flights, and we were to talk to United (currently has the Gov't contract..) and a pet shipment company. Luckily, our agent understands that our pets are more than just pets for us. They are not LIKE children, they are the closest thing we have to children. This agent gets that-and her priority is getting us on a flight with the girls, whether it's on a military flight or commercial. So here's our options, as of right now:

Option A: Change our military flight (Baltimore---> Air base in Germany) to a different date, fly and ship our car out of Los Angeles instead of San Diego.

Option B: Fly Commericially from Los Angeles to Frankfurt Airport, take a bus to inprocess at the Air Base, take a bus back to our post (20 minutes outside of Frankfurt, for those keeping track).

Option C: Keep all of our flights (Starting in San Diego), but ship the girls via PetAir, who will fly them into Frankfurt. We'd fly directly into the air base in Germany, then take a bus ride and pick the girls up after arriving at our post.

Cody has the feeling that we will be going with Option B, and I wouldn't be opposed to that... the 4 extra hours of travel feel like a little much for me, but if that's what we have to do, that's what we have to do.


Saturday, June 8, 2013

Hurry up and Wait

So quick updates first:
-Still no paper orders or welcome packet
-AF ended up arriving, the whore.

Ugh. I was so hoping for this cycle for a number of reasons, one of which was to be able to tell my family in person. But now, that's not so much the case. So we're waiting now for go time. I've been taking a break from temping, since I usually ovulate pretty late, and its been very nice. I'll start back on Monday. That will be cd6 so that's more than enough time for Fertility Friend to catch a pattern. Never thought we'd still be trying at 6 months...but that's life. After this cycle, I'm taking a break for a little bit. My friend (more like a sister) is getting married next May and I want to be able to be there...especially since I'm the MOH. so I'll avoid a little for that and potentially for convention. We'll see. This cycle... I should be getting AF right after my brothers wedding, while I'm still home. So I'm not sure what I'll do about testing.

I'm getting really frustrated with the move. I NEED to apply for my no fee passport, and soon. It has similar processing times to a regular passport, and if we are expected to be there by September, I need to have it by August. I can't apply, however, until  we have orders. C went to his levy brief yesterday and gave them all the paperwork they needed, so we should have orders this coming week. If that whole situation wasn't enough, we have no idea what we will be getting into as far as housing. There's a lot of rumors but not a lot of straight answers. Since we do not have children (and apparently only one child would not change things), it looks like they would be putting us in a 2 bedroom apartment...not a fan. I've heard rumors that C should get an extra room authorization for his Army crap, but nothing concrete. I have an email into our post's housing office to see what they can tell us. I can't decide which scares me more...the idea of living in a 2 bedroom apartment or living off post and having a landlord that doesn't necessarily speak English.

Hopefully next week will bring more answers and better news!

Content Copyright Makers and Pearls | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs